Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reno Public Art and my appreciation of it

Honestly I saw this among many other pictures I had taken while doing my psychogeographical research and was instantly captivated. The spheres are representational of perfection of the planet, perfectly circular in form and holds a mysterious ora to it leaving the interpetation for the eye of the beholder. The Earth is what holds us and keeps us in harmony with the rest of the universe. And much like the rest of the small spheres they are linear curving slightly as it decends further into the landscape again symbolic for the universe and the planet we stay on. I think of fluidity and ability to move freely when I see this work and it makes me feel as if I could take on the universe one planet at a time with no limit to the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment